Tuesday 6 November 2012

Book Review - Fire Spell

I would like to introduce you to this fine and super book that I discovered on one regular Tuesday afternoon not so long ago, sitting innocently on the shelves at the library, like all books do that escape my notice when they first arrive. Nevertheless, here it is. 

You can just tell it's going to be good, can't you?


It is one of those books that you have to give in to. You have to keep picking it up and turning those pages, even when you really should be doing something else. 

I won't say much about the plot because it's too intriguing and brilliant for me to ruin it for you but it involves: a puppet master, 3 children, an old witch, dirty London, some smelly dogs, a pile of cruelty and a big heap of kindness, hope, and a completely satisfying ending to a mystery and a condundrum. 

I think this is a superb book for over elevens, and adults too, of course, who love a good daring adventure.

The vivid characters are completely original and we have the luxury of seeing each one's thoughts and feelings as the story deepens. It is a treat to be so overwhelmed by such a book every now and then, but frankly if it happened too often I don't think I could cope! 






No comments:

Post a Comment